About Me

My photo
Welcome to my ScandinAsian food blog. A blog about what I like to make in my little Norweigan kitchen, from homemade meals to fun creative sandwiches. My parents gave me the name Sorieya, a Cambodian name, which means sun. I'm originally from the United States. Now I'm currently living in Norway, married to a Norwegian man with 3 beautiful children. It's hard being away from my family back in the States and I miss them everyday. I am not an artist but I love making fun sandwiches for my kids. I am not a professional chef but I love to cook and I love being in the kitchen. I love introducing my children to different kind of international food, introducing food from my childhood and explaining to my kids the history about their culture and food. I love spending those quality time together teaching my little ones how to make bread, Khmer food, and teaching me Norwegian. My Norwegian isn't that great but I do understand just the basics but speaking it, that's another story.

Thursday, September 13, 2012

Domo-Kun and Boo from Super Mario Bros

Homemade Domo Kun chicken square patties with rice, shape into Boo from Super Mario brothers.

Preheat oven 400 degrees.

In a bowl I added 400 grams ground chicken, seasoned with salt, ground black pepper, paprika, and mayonnaise. Mixed well and shaped into rectangle/squares.

In another bowl I mixed a half cup of panko bread crumbs and 2 tablespoon Parmesan cheese. Then coated chicken square patties with panko bread crumb mixture.

I brushed a little olive oil on a baking sheet,  placed panko chicken square patties on greased baking sheet and brushed a little more olive oil over patties. Baked in the oven on 400 degrees for 10 minutes and turn over and bake for another 5 minutes until golden.

Out of the oven and set aside for it to cool.

For boo shaped rice, I used sushi rice and shaped into a ball than flatten with my palm. I used a tooth pick to shape it's arms, tail, and mouth. I cut a salami into a oval shape that fit into his mouth. Cut out a slice ham shaped into a tongue. Used sushi nori for detail on his tongue and eyes.

For Domo Kun, I cut out 4 small circles for the eyes, cheese for the teeth, and salami for the mouths.

No comments:

Post a Comment